simonp read this please!!:) need help with fr8+ controll!!

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

simonp read this please!!:) need help with fr8+ controll!!

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:21 pm

Have some problems joining the forum.(cant login to my email from the contact link, and dont have the email adr. to toomuchcoffe) :cry: ...
I read your thred where you said you had a straight triac control circuit. Im looking for a way to controll the heat element on my fr8+(220v). A variac may be the solution, but cant find one suited for 220v... I have some experience in electrics, maybe I could build a cicuit like yours. What do you need to build a circuit like that? Do you have some blueprint of the cicuit? Would apriciate help..
Ps (if you can send me the email adr. to toomuchcoffe I could register. my adr. geirwalbo@hotmail.com)
regards Geir W.

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:47 pm

Geir,
To contact admin, click on.... "contact" in the left margin, it's easy when you know how :wink: (at the same time check out the FAQ)
I've sent SimonP a pm too so that he is aware of this thread.
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:56 pm

Yea I know.. but there must be somthing wrong with my explorer.. cant login to my email trough the contact button:( If some one, who has a reader that actualy work, I would apriciate if they registerd me, or sent me the mail adr. to the site..

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:12 pm

Weir, the address you need is admin@toomuchcoffee.com send an email to Phil using that address, provide him with a desired login and password and ask him to register you.

For the record, if you highlight the contact link, you should see the mailto: ref at the bottom of IE. Or you can right click and either copy the link or see the properties for it. If it was me though, at the very least, I'd dump IE and Outlook and replace it with FF and Thunderbird at a minimum, if not repartition the harddrive and install an OS that actually works :wink: not that I am biased or anything :wink: everybody round here knows that I am totally impartial and loathed to share my opinions with others :lol:
Gouezeri

Postby simonp » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi,

Farf easier and cheaper than building one yourself, get yourself one of these: http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch ... 0472&N=411

I could design one myself, but no point in re-inventing the wheel, and this is a really neat solution, just house in a safe box (with good ventilation), and be carefull making the mains circuit safe.

I hope this helps :)
Simon
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby steves » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:24 pm

Hi Geir

I got something by the same manufacturer Simon has suggested (Cebek) - you can get a light dimmer module (or could) from this chap: chris@cps-electronics.co.uk. I seem to remember there was an "I-16" module which could handle 2kW, but I went for the I-17 which can handle 4kW (though of course it's more expensive - around £25-30).

I think the advantage of the dimmers over the speed controllers (like the "R-10" Simon suggested are that you can go from something like 3% to 100% power with the dimmer, but only from 40% to 100% with the speed controllers. This is off the top of my head, so may not be quite right - I'm sure Simon will correct me, though, even if his info is a little dodgy at times ;) sorry, did I say a little dodgy? Strike the "little" :twisted:

Steve
La San Marco 85 16M-2, Rancilio Silvia with PID Controller
Mazzer Super Jolly with Doozer, Isomac Macinacaffe Professionale, Zass
I-Roast, Modifed Rival popper
Santos & various other bits and pieces
steves

Postby simonp » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:43 pm

Yep, sorry, got that the wrong way around, I remember now I had to buy the motor one as the dimmer one was out of stock, and it does have restricted operation.

Try this: http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch ... 0467&N=411
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:28 pm

thank guys.. will probably buy one of them!
and thanks to you gouezeri for the adr. will become a member now.. from now on you will know me as.... geirw:)
good night, and good luck..

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:05 am

No problem. Welcome to the club, and don't forget to post a few lines to let us know where you're from, what you're into etc.
D
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:20 am

Mr I hate Windows Soap Boy :roll: :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Open House