Caravel Aarrex lever machine info??

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Caravel Aarrex lever machine info??

Postby mogogear » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:52 pm

Sorry,
:oops: me again... The knuckle head looking for old, discontinued lever machines to take apart. So I have now acquired a machine Caravel Arrarex-( maybe made or rebadged by Pavoni??) about a 1970 model. Looks to be a spring lever machine( it is in transit from Naples. I have found one website featuring one in some company collection somewhere. Other than that - I know nothing. Well, it uses water, ground coffee, an arm pull and 220v to make espresso.
Any body on your side of the pond have any info or a link old scanned diagrams etc???? anything appreciated.

her dorsal side:

thanks again ,

mo

H-B.com
LMWDP 67
mogogear

Postby zapty » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:37 am

Arrarex was the producer of these beautiful machines back in the fifties.
Fat chance coming across a manual but it should not be to hard to take apart, I am sure you will be able to handle it and make it look like new.
eBay Italy still has these beauties regularly offered for sale for not too much money. (spare parts)
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:56 pm

Zapty,
Thanks for the words of encouragement,
yep, I've been tracking several for a few months- got this baby for $ 75 Euros , now just wrestling with getting her home. I'm sure I will be scouring hardware stores looking for things to make her work- oh, well I love a challenge. Check back in with me in 6 months to see if I eat those words.

mmo

Postby zapty » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:07 pm

I have checked around for you ever since you brought these machines up the last time a few months back but I have had no luck either in finding off the shelf spare parts or manuals for the Arrarex Caravel.
These sweet machines have been out of production for too long, way before the internet so no luck finding any diagrams etc on there either. ~They where a big hit back in Italy in those days and are still making it on to eBay regularly.
Will keep an eye out for you though and wish you good luck with that nice looking Caravel you show in the pic.
The shipping out of Italy should be no problem and the Italians usualy package carefully so it should arrive in the same condition as that it was sent.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:21 pm

Zapty,
Thanks for your eyes. The seller in Naples just doesn't want to ship anything outside of Italy, I am not sure of his motivations... George bush could indirectly be making me suffer more than I already am }:(

If you ever run across anything--

bomoore at spiritone dot com

Thanks to any and all

greg / mo

Return to Open House