The perfect vessel

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

The perfect vessel

Postby Please End My Search » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:01 pm

Dear Sirs/Madams,

A very Happy Christmas to you all.

A terrible thing happened to me in Paris a month ago. Sitting in a beautiful cafe in the '8th', a grumpy but stunning waitress dumped 'une noisette' in front of me. The day was crisp and cold; I was sitting outside under a heat-lamp reading. I wasn't expecting to fall in love. But a second later the stench of tortured romance floated up my nose and settled into my core.

As the waitress grunted dismissively and turned away my eye flashed to the cup, and glimmered with desire. I was caught by its brutal simplicity and class. Black on the outside and white on the inside. Heavy procelein. No insignia. Just simple, classic.

The cup stole my soul. I have been fixated on winning a set for myself ever since. I have failed dismally. No shop in Paris stocks the things and I have hit dead-ends on all the websites I have found - before last month I hadn't searched for anything on the web but this desire has driven me to scour the internet even on this Christmas morning. I am close to madness and giving up coffee altogether.

Every day I wake up and switch on my Gaggia, crippled by a melacholic haze that follows me around all day. The plain white demi-tasse cups I have now just aren't good enough. They leave me feeling empty and cheated. It's like watching Gladiator on an old VHS with half a speaker working properly.

Please help me break this spell. All I need to know is where to find these things. Surely one of your number - expert as you are - must be able and willing to take pity on me. My ignorance is probably an affront, but if you help I promise to be a faithful apprentice and to stop buying Illy off the shelf. I'll even buy green beans and roast them.

Yours expectantly,

A sad, dejected man in need of your guidance.
Please End My Search

Postby Beanie » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:45 pm

You mean this or better yet these?

If these are the ones you want, and you can't seem to get enough - the cup factory in Italy: http://www.acf.it/ENG/indexeng.html

Happy Xmas to you too :)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Return to Open House