mini gaggia lever machine

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Bertie_Doe » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:53 am

Mokaexpres wrote
If you need some information, you can contact with us

Thanks for the info MX, it will be handy in the archive and I'm sure the Mods won't mind.
You left a gap between www and demoka, this will work better http://www.demoka.com/
QC
Isomacs Zaffiro and SuperGiada
Hottop and Precision roasters
ECM/Pasquini K2 and Aerolatte grinders
Dental vibrator
dbl/16g/44ml
Bertie_Doe

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:31 am

Hi all, I have a mini Gaggia that my parents have used for 30 years, now it is not working any more as the part MM32 is too much used. I will bring it it to a repair house Gaggia in San Remo Italy and will see what they can do with it. As I do not know how to take of the part and don't want to break anything... I will let you know if this is a good adress alain

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi All, I also have a Mini Gaggia... What a fantastic espresso machine with a huge collectable tag!! I can source the shower you need for this model as i know someone who repairs espresso machines and happens to have some left. Hope this helps. Please send me an email if you're interested at krisishype@hotmail.com.
Cheers

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:38 pm

Any one knows how to change the gasket ? I will receive one from Spain soon. thanks Alain

Postby bruceb » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:Any one knows how to change the gasket ? I will receive one from Spain soon. thanks Alain

Hello Guest,
Do you mean the grouphead or portafilter gasket? If so, see the pictures. A thin knife or sharp pick works well. Hope this helps.
Attachments
07dissassbly02.jpg
lever the gasket up and out. You can then remove the showerhead/screen and clean the top of the piston.
07dissassbly02.jpg (31.09 KiB) Viewed 17509 times
06 dissassbly01.jpg
pry the gasket away from the shower head.
06 dissassbly01.jpg (35.91 KiB) Viewed 17509 times
bruceb

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 am

sorry I mean the piece MM32 on the piston, mine is completely flat, so as soon as i put water in the tank, it goes out via the shower. thnaks a lot for all your help; that s great bye

Postby bruceb » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:31 am

Take a look at the pictures on www.boschek.de "coffee"- "espresso" - La Pavoni Professional Rebuilding and Repairing Beta. If you have more questions you can ask here or send me an e-mail. Good luck.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:39 pm

I have received the gasket and the themostat, but unfortunately it is not enough, i also need part GG55 as it seems that now that i have the pressure water is going out from every where.... Alain

Postby bruceb » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:I have received the gasket and the themostat, but unfortunately it is not enough, i also need part GG55 as it seems that now that i have the pressure water is going out from every where.... Alain

Where is "every where?" Do you mean out of the group head? By thermstat I presume you mean the pressostat in the base. Is water coming out there, too? You may need a complete set of seals if the machine is leaking from various areas. Please tell us specifically from where water is leaking.
bruceb

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:01 am

Ok sorry guys but i am French and do not know all the right words. Thermostat is the part ref MM23, that stops current when overheating. I had some water going out from there but i repaired that. I changed also the gasket on the piston as mine was dry and used. so no water going out when the tank is full. Now that i have changed that, that i have tha water getting hot, and that I press the piston the water is going out around the shower too. I think the seal ref GG55 is used , dry and maybe broken, I do not know how to remove it, I supose it holds the shower, and I do not want to force too much... By the way, Moka express has sent me the parts from Spain without problem, great people. thanks for your help

Postby bruceb » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:09 am

Anonymous wrote:Ok sorry guys but i am French and do not know all the right words. Thermostat is the part ref MM23, that stops current when overheating. I had some water going out from there but i repaired that. I changed also the gasket on the piston as mine was dry and used. so no water going out when the tank is full. Now that i have changed that, that i have tha water getting hot, and that I press the piston the water is going out around the shower too. I think the seal ref GG55 is used , dry and maybe broken, I do not know how to remove it, I supose it holds the shower, and I do not want to force too much... By the way, Moka express has sent me the parts from Spain without problem, great people. thanks for your help

Your English is very good, a lot better than my French! Anyway, you will have to get the gasket out one way or the other. I use a hammer and small chisel or sharpened screwdriver, careful only to hit the old rubber gasket until it breaks. Sometimes I have had to use a "Dremel" tool, a small electric grinder with a drill. You will need to drill a number of little holes in the gasket until you can break it apart. Of course, you don't want to drill into the brass. If the gasket is wide enough you can also drill a hole in it and screw a wood screw into it and the screw will force the gasket up as you turn it.

In any case this gasket has to be removed and after cleaning all of the surfaces replaced. In the future it is a good idea to have a spare gasket on hand and replace it often (every 6 months or so) , because when the rubber is still soft it is much easier to remove. Good luck!
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Previous

Return to Open House