Online Shop

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Online Shop

Postby The Royal Kumquat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:59 pm

Following on my previous query. I searched a bit further and found espressocoffeeshop.com. Everything seems a lot more together, and the communication appears good.

Please tell me I have a winner.

:?
The Royal Kumquat

Postby fiend » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:10 pm

Is this another one of those Google spam things? This site is for reviews of coffee machines and tips on how to make good espresso, yada yada yada. Not for shameless Googlebombing with overpriced hardware or consumer complaints ;-)
Hot air gun roaster, Mazzer Mini E, La Pavoni Europiccola, Aeropress
http://lapavoni.info/
http://otherwiseitwouldbequiet.blogspot.com/
fiend

Postby Raf » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:17 pm

it looks more reliable, which doesn't mean that it is reliable. I have no idea if anyone here used espresso coffeeshop, guest. By the way, you might find it easier to get a membership, then I won't have to look up your IP address every time, to see if you're a friend or a foe. Btw, fiend, we do expect at least four links to tmc on your site now...
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:41 pm

I'm looking for a particular machine for the best possible price anywhere in the EE from any business charging reasonable prices. I am not affiliated to any website, nor do I have one of my own. I am also not involved or remotely connected to any entity in the coffee industry (apart from suffering the epic damnation and indignity of having to endure the rubbish passing for coffee in coffee shops in Leiden.

I simply want to reassure myself that I am not taking an unnecessary risk. I always do this before buying anything online (that is anything of substantial value). Since this is a European oriented forum I wanted to know if anyone on here had any good/bad interactions with this company.

Postby MKSwing » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:(apart from suffering the epic damnation and indignity of having to endure the rubbish passing for coffee in coffee shops in Leiden.

You already belong to here then. Signup, fast ! 8)
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:09 pm

Dear guest(s)
It might help if you gave us some more information about what you are looking for and from where, then we should be able to suggest a reputable dealer. It would also help if non-members actually signed their posts (doesn't have to be a real name) as well, since (other than the moderators who have access to the logs) we have no way of knowing who we are replying to, and how many non-members are actually involved in a thread. It is also a common courtesy.
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:33 pm

I’m looking for a new Elektra GL

Sorry, humble apologies to anybody unintentionally offended. I thought I did sign my posts.

The Royal Kumquat

Postby Raf » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:16 pm

As MkSwing already said, Kumquat, you do belong here. It's no use fighting it. You know you'll love discussing that shiny Thor tamper after you get that machine... ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby E61 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:02 am

Back to the main question :-)

I have never dealt with espressoshop.com regarding coffe items. However I have used them to buy an ice cream machine and that was a very smooth operation.

Very responsive, friendly and timely and correct delivery. At least at that time (2 years ago) they were the cheapest one around (they have very cheap shipping)

Poul
Faema E61 - 2 group, year 1967, 84 mm. brewhead
Faema E61 Ariete
Isomac Tea
Rossi RR45
La San Marco SM90
HotTop
Heartware Precision
E61

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:36 am

Thanks E61. Yes the shipping is free (purchase :) over 300 Euro).

I wil let you know how it turns out.

The Royal Kumquat

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 pm

On the same thread; I'm looking for a Francis! X3 and a nice grinder somewhere in between the isomac or gaggia mdf up to en macap m5 and need a good and rather cheap online shop. How is Bella-Italia/LaGondola.it? Any good or crap?

/Niles
(waiting for membership btw)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:30 pm

Oh, if relevant, I reside in sweden
/Niles

Postby Paul L » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:59 am

Once Phil or Dom have removed the ridiculous spamming on here:

I used espressocoffeeshop ("ECS") to buy my Macap when I first got into coffee. They were efficient with the order and the delivery but it was a totally cold/osolated experience. So it would be, you get what you pay for.

The Macap jammed on me, I had no idea what I was doing and assumed it was me. With the help of Ian, I discovered there was a small screw jammed in the burrs! No apparent place for it to have come out of so someone's inspection process was missing. Was it Macap or ECS? I appeared to get it going again with no hitch although I was indebted to Ian for inviting me down and helping me set it up. With the type of outlet ECS is it was not like phoning Steve, Scott or others and saying help, what do I do? Also, one of the black collars on the Macap was broken and sat like this, cosmetically spoiled for 3 months.

Now, I emailed ECS and I used their on-line chat-help thingie and I was promised they would get back to me but this went on. I resorted to calling ECS from the UK, politely but persistently every few days. They did come good with a pack of 2 collars (one clipped in and I guess I have a spare) and more importantly a new set of burrs. However, the whole thing was a salutory lesson. I should have known better and as I have said elsewhere I don't usually play this price game.

At the time I was looking, I read nothing but trouble about Bella-Italia from customers who had various problems including double-payments taken. I have no personal experience with them.

General point for Phil/Dom: I have been here on TMC now for 15 months and I only realised at the weekend that there was a drop-down heading pointing to a list of advertisers (looks a bit out of date though?).

I've only got to know who trades from hanging around here. Perhaps this needs bringing out more. One or two other sites I use has a marketplace section in the list of forum areas which enables private buying and selling together with a trade section. This is a good way to provide a conduit for upgrading or buying used as well as visibility on the commercial side. Any particular reason it wasn't done here?
Paul L

Postby phil » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:21 am

General point for Phil/Dom: I have been here on TMC now for 15 months and I only realised at the weekend that there was a drop-down heading pointing to a list of advertisers (looks a bit out of date though?).

I've only got to know who trades from hanging around here. Perhaps this needs bringing out more. One or two other sites I use has a marketplace section in the list of forum areas which enables private buying and selling together with a trade section. This is a good way to provide a conduit for upgrading or buying used as well as visibility on the commercial side. Any particular reason it wasn't done here?

Lots of things here:
  1. TMC was never intended to be "just a forum" but over the last year, since I've become too busy to devote time to drumming up and then publishing new content, it's become exactly that thing I dearly wished that it would not.
  2. Because the forum is all most folk are interested in, they tend to ignore everything else I guess (including the FAQ :shock:)
  3. The drop down menu is about useful information. We are an information resource. I do not accept money to help run TMC and I do not accept advertising, paid or otherwise.
  4. Members have always been welcome to advertise private (not trade) items for sale to other members via the Clubroom.
  5. TMC MK II is under development. The feature list is not totally fixed yet, but it should include:
  • Forum (hell, who'd come here otherewise :roll:)
  • All old content
  • A new content engine that will allow authorised people to enter new articles directly into the site and then submit them for review and publication (they won't appear to members until they are reviewed )
  • Ditto the above for reviews, both hardware and coffee cupping
  • A wiki
  • A revised news syndicator so that we can pull useful stuff like Jim's and Gauperaa's blogs into TMC (I've always been able to do this, but it didn't work the way I wanted it to before)

and probably loads of other stuff I've forgotten about in this quick posting.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Paul L » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:27 am

Thanks Phil. Perhaps my journey is typical of a coffee pattern and therefore the discovery of TMC reflects this:

- Rude awakening to coffee
- just need a machine and buy one from the cheapest resource
- buy supermarket beans and find this talk of crema a bit alien to what I'm brewing
- buy supermarket beans instead but not a lot of difference
- struggle to brew anything
- struggle to produce steamed milk
- read lots related to all these first steps and overdose more on information I can't relate to than I do on caffeine
- buy the best grinder I can afford from the cheapest resource
- keep reading and practising
- find a source of freshly roasted coffee
- get fed up with running out
- take the home roasting plunge
- read more than I'm ready to absorb on roasting and try and equate it to what I'm producing
- grow out of coffee machine, chokes too easy and fed up waiting for temp lift for steaming
- try and avoid E61 money by going lever
- spend months in zen mode determined to make this set-up the last I invest in

- keep reading
- keep practising
- keep learning
- keep trying to keep up with developing taste buds
- keep pulling fingers away from keyboard when nearly upgrading

- give up and take the plunge on an E61 set-up
- explore water set-ups
- give up and upgrade home roaster

- finally, finally achieve a baseline wher eI want to learn rather than make any more choices and decisions
- begin to read what it's all about. Coffee origins, chemistry, processing
- discover Kenneth Davids and others
- spend more time looking at the roasting and blending sections than elsewhere
- start hitting all those other buttons on frequent web-sites!

Perhaps I should make this into one of those articles Phil as it would have made a poignant thread for me when I started on what I was likely to go through as time progressed. I dread to think what you old timers would add to this about years 3, 4, 5 and, and, and...
Paul L

Next

Return to Open House