Mazzer mini - where to buy?

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Guest » Sat May 28, 2005 11:51 pm

The MC4 at £218 does seem a good price but please explain - without a holder for the portafilter or a doser container what do you do to catch the coffee. Following all these recent links I see it is a close run thing between a Mazzer mini and a Macap M4. The coffeegeek review was on the M5 and that seems to be going at the same price as the M4. So why buy the M4 not the M5? Its a genuine question. I need to upgrade and the Mazzer or Macap seems to be the way to go but if the truth be known I know little about these things. I just like good coffee.

Postby Guest » Sun May 29, 2005 1:10 pm

I got a very good price from Traders of Surbiton earlier this year for a manual mini with the push buttons -- might be worth a try.

Postby Guest » Tue May 31, 2005 7:43 pm

Traders are a great company, they have been very helpful with my Astoria Junior 120 -240v conversion so far. Their prices are good and the coffee is always freshly roasted. Highly recommended company.

Postby Joey » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:39 am

Anonymous wrote:without a holder for the portafilter or a doser container what do you do to catch the coffee.
just hold the PF underneath the shoot, eben if you don't have a fork - which the Mazzer does have, btw, one can wait these 8 seconds of grinding :)
I don't know the other machine, but I can speak good about the mazzer.
and the company Raf ment was eis-fassbender. just one "s"
but I just visited their site which has changed to eisunion.de and I can't find the Mazzer anymore. But if you contact them, they might still have some left.

greetings
joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:29 pm

just in case your're still looking for a mazzer mini:
eisunion in germany
http://www.eisunion-shop.de/aws/showite ... tegory=149
sells them for ~347 EU incl VAT.

-daniel

Previous

Return to Open House