good espresso in Delft Netherlands

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

good espresso in Delft Netherlands

Postby myron joshua » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:10 pm

i have a Dutch born neigbhbor who will be in Delft to visit his father.
Can you suggest good places for a good espresso experience?

best, myron
myron joshua

Postby phil » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:47 pm

Disappointing that no-one could answer Myron.

Myron old chap, good to see you around again. I'm sorry our members haven't been able to help so far.

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:16 am

Hi Myron,

I haven't been to or heard of any coffee places in Delft (yet) and am not really from that area; however, I've heard about the following in the surrounding cities:
    1. Kicking Horse Cafe, Den Haag (I'm doubting the freshness of the beans as according to them, the beans are roasted in some sleepy town in the Canadian Rockies and then sent to NL). Go figure!
    2. http://www.urbanespressobar.nl/index.html, in Rotterdam and owner-operated by an Australian woman, I believe.
    3. La Mano Maestra aan het Noordeinde 138 b, vlak bij het Paleis. Tel.: 070 363 3120,
    this is in The Hague and may be the best bet for a larger variety of coffees.

Sorry, that's all I could come up with for now. Where's your Dutch-born neighbour coming from?

If your neighbour does visit any/all of these places, I would appreciate hearing about it and how the places were :-)
Marcy
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby stevenzaat » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:38 pm

Myron,

I am very sorry, but Delft is a small place (in comparison to Utrecht, The HAgue, Amsterdam and Rotterdam), although:
1. It was visited by Clinton
2. Our Willem van Oranje died over there
3. All the Dutch Royals are burried over there
4. Last but not least I was borned over there but I grew up in the Hague.

I looked in the phonebook and there was not one coffee bar (off course there are the toher typical coffeeshops, but I assume that you are not referring to that in your thread)
So maybe you should just try the typical Dutch coffees at the one of the bars around the Markt. The bars are quite nice and there is a very nice one at the Wijnhaven also named as Cafe Wijnhaven. Probably you will end up drinking an Illy like espresso, so you could do worse, but you will not meet the coffee requirement of the people at this site.

Sorry I couldn't help and I hope you will enjoy our country.

Best regards,

Steven
La Marzocco GS/3 with a Mini Mazzer Electronic (version B) for my espresso/cappuccino

Solis Maestro grinder for my french press vacuum brewed coffee, Hottop roaster, Cona D coffee brewer and a Bodum French Press.
stevenzaat

Return to Open House