Vibiemme Domobar help

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Vibiemme Domobar help

Postby aaron riches » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:30 pm

g'day, i have a Vibiemme Domobar espresso machine. its looking
great in the kitchen. the only problem is im not really shore how to
use it. i cant find the instructions that come with the machine. i would
greatly appreciate any tips on operating this machine.
thanks aaron
aaron riches

Postby stevenzaat » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:20 pm

Aaron,

What are your specific questions? I have the instructions but they are very limited. There is a big article about the Vibiemme on this side from RAF. There are some specific issues which are very improtant.
1. Backflush every week
2. Buy very fine grind (never vcoffee from the supermakret) or grind it yourselve with a high quality grinder
3. Always use fresh coffee (or beans), the machine is very sensitive on that.
4. Descale every month
5. Never let the steam or hot water on. Just pull some water or make some steam and then push the button again (off).

So if you have further questions, send me a Private Mai (just push on my name). I am not sure your are Dutch, but you can send me the mail in Dutch and I can give you a lot of information. Also look at the discussions on this side. The Vibiemme is an excellent machine, so be sure that you will take all out what's in it.

Best regards,

Steven
La Marzocco GS/3 with a Mini Mazzer Electronic (version B) for my espresso/cappuccino

Solis Maestro grinder for my french press vacuum brewed coffee, Hottop roaster, Cona D coffee brewer and a Bodum French Press.
stevenzaat

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:44 am

thanks Steven
its all becoming a little clearer. ive been reading a bit off the web and just playing around a
little with the machine.
have a great day.
aaron

Postby Raf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:59 am

I believe Steven had a few questions about his machine as well, which I answered at some length, but I can't find it anymore. Steven, do you remember it? If I could point you to it, I wouldn't have to torture my brain to help you ;)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby zix » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:12 am

Both Raf and Sunnyfield helped me I was in the same situation as you, aaron. From the things they told me, I´ll just add this:
Lifting the lever horizontal is not regarded as a setting on the VBM E-61. Just up (=on) or down (=off).
The gasket becomes harder with time as it dries out, and sooner or later it needs to be replaced. The shower screen is easily damaged in that process, so you might as well order an extra one of those as well.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby Raf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:41 pm

Zix, can you remember which post it was where I gave a few basic instructions for the VBM?
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby zix » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:25 pm

nope! Not on the TMC. You were helping me, but that was on alt.coffee, before I knew of TMC. As I was trying to be funny with the subject, like the idiot I was and am, it is completely impossible to find unless you know exactly what to google for. If you want to see what you and Eward wrote in that thread (lots of good info of course), look up
"R-ing help with TF Vibiemme M"
on google groups. Yes, I was a bit excited when writing...

I actually learned of TMC because of Eward (sunnyfield´s) alt.coffee signature. The "lifting the lever" paragraph is a straight quote from one of Ewards messages.

P.S. I still like the VBM a lot.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby Raf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:02 pm

Ah, I see!

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:14 am

Hello, I've been searching for a Vibiemme Domobar for quite a while now, and in the Netherlands it seems to be a bit difficult... Does anyone in here know an address where I can get a second hand VBM Domobar (Super) for around €400,-? If it includes a grinder, I'd be even happier. Thanks, best regards from Bob

Postby Joris » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Bob, try www.espressomonteur.nl he sometimes has Domo's for a good price.
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby Jo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:46 pm

Lifting the lever horizontal is not regarded as a setting on the VBM E-61. Just up (=on) or down (=off).

Sorry, but i have to disagree with Zix on this one...
Up: pump running, making coffee...
Down: release pressure after brewing... (don't leave in this position, it will dry out the rubber gaskets inside...
Middle: rest position... hot water circulates through the grouphead to keep the metal hot...

Just my two cents....
Mazzermini E, Jura E80, Mokapot (VBM Domobar Super on its way)
Jo2

Postby Jo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:49 pm

Hello, I've been searching for a Vibiemme Domobar for quite a while now, and in the Netherlands it seems to be a bit difficult... Does anyone in here know an address where I can get a second hand VBM Domobar (Super) for around €400,-? If it includes a grinder, I'd be even happier. Thanks, best regards from Bob

Try www.marktplaats.nl Bob, there'a couple of VBM's there...
Good luck!
Mazzermini E, Jura E80, Mokapot (VBM Domobar Super on its way)
Jo2

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:52 pm

Thanks everybody for your help... Next sunday I'll pick up my new Domobar... now I still need a grinder. Does anyone know which one suits my Vibiemme best?
Thanks, greetz Bob

Postby Joris » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:48 pm

I used a Mazzer Jolly with my domobar and that worked perfectly. They are expensive though unless you can grab one cheap from ebay or something. I also had a Rancillo Rocky but was not satisfied with it so I would not recommend it, opinions do differ about this though.
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Return to Open House