Too Much Coffee FAQs (frequently-asked questions)
- What are TMC email addresses?
- Are TMC email addresses still available?
- I've got a TMC email address, how do I use it?
- Do you have a webmail service available to members with TMC email addresses?
The four founder members all took TMC email addresses when the site was started because the facility was available and they found it useful.
Subsequently, TMC email addresses were available to all new members in the days of TMC1 and some elected to take them either because they thought it was a "cool" thing to do (well, we can certainly agree with that!) or because they wanted an email address that wasn't provided by either their current ISP or Hotmail, Yahoo or whatever.
Unfortunately, TMC email addresses are no longer available to new members.
As TMC has grown and the membership expanded, capacity issues have meant it is no longer feasible to offer an email service on demand. With the advent of TMC2 and the further expansion of site facilities, a decision was made that TMC email would cease to be offered to new members.
Existing members with TMC email accounts are unaffected and may continue using the service as normal.
Firstly, you should know that your mailbox name is the same as your TMC user name. If your TMC user name is tmc_user, then your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secondly, you need to know the technical stuff your email client requires.
- The connection type is POP3 (although IMAP is available if you know what that is and prefer it)
- The POP3 server name is mail.toomuchcoffee.com
- Your mail user name and password are the same as your TMC user name and password
- The outgoing mail (SMTP) server name is mail.toomuchcoffee.com
- The outgoing mail server requires a username and password too. Use the same values as for the POP3 connection
You will be sent a "Welcome" email. This also has the side effect of creating your mailbox on our server, so you can use your account straight away.
That should be all you need to know. Technical support is available from the site admin.
Back to top
Yes we do.
The url is http://webmail.toomuchcoffee.com/
Use your TMC user name and password for access.
Note that with webmail services, your email stays on the server until you either delete it or download it to your computer using your normal email program.